Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Green stool in cat?

My cat is acting completely normal and their stool is normal looking aside from it being a pea green color. I cant figure out why its like that given it isn't diarrhea like most sites claim it should be when its green. He doesnt eat grass nor is his food green so its weird 

Update:

And as extra added info, no i cannot take them to the vet currently given the money situation and his current cat food is 9lives daily essentials

Update 2:

As i said the vets isnt an option theres no ifs ands or buts about it. Its ultimately up to my parents over the food and going to the vet and it isnt in my hands. Its been a few days now if it were truly serious hed be acting sick and isnt so im taking it the dye in the food is coloring it.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He NEEDS to see a vet quickly.  The food you are feeding is very poor quality and may be the cause, but still it could be something more serious.  Don't use the "money excuse" - if you wait it will be more costly to you and the cat.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

That brand of cat food is trash, mostly made up of grains.

• sarah
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would say it is is something added to his food.

• Raven
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It might be the food. 9 Lives is, if you will excuse me for saying so, a cheap grocery store food. Probably has dyes in it. If I were you I would switch her to a quality brand that you can only buy in a pet store, for example, Fromm's dry is an excellent food. BluBuffalo, Taste of the Wild, there are many to choose from. My cats eat Fromm's Tunachovy and they do very well on it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This can indicate bile. Pale white, grey or green stool may indicate liver disease..... only way to find out is to see your vet immediately

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.