Why will nothing i plant bloom in my yard?

I’ve been trying for four or five years now to get a flower garden going and no matter what I plant, nothing blooms.

I’ve tried both bulbS and The regular plants in the pots.

I buy plants that tolerate any kind of lighting condition because my yard is a bit shady in most areas.

The plants will be blooming at the garden center but after I get them planted at home, they never bloom again in the years after.

I buy things that are supposed to be low maintenance and don’t require any super special care and yet I fail at those too.

I just feel like a complete epic failure and I’m tired of wasting my money on plants that never bloom. But I shouldn’t be surprised, because I fail at everything I try in life

We must have similar gardens.  Mine grows very little well except for moss.  It's not just the amount of light but the type of soil, the microecology (you need some bugs and fungi and others not at all), the weather patterns, frost traps etc.  It doesn't help that garden center plants are often grown non-locally before being shipped out.  They often die of shock when they meet the garden.  Your best bet is to visit a family run local nursery who've been raising plants in your area for three generations.  They're full of good advice for your specific circumstances too.

Look at what your neighbors can grow.  Ask them what's worked for them and what didn't.  In my case after battling uphill for five years I started paying close attention to which weeds did well and where specifically.  Then I bought domesticated versions of those weeds and planted them in those places so I ended up with lots of feverfew, tansy and foxgloves and in a certain patch mounds of auriculas.  Now, I'll admit that I'm still somewhat disappointed because I have a picture in my head of my ideal garden and this ain't it, but if I pretend to myself that I'm a guest and I don't know what the owner had in mind it actually looks pretty great in the summer these days, so I call it good enough. You may have to do something similar.

The most common problems are:

1. Not the right amount of sun light

2. The wrong kind of soil

3. Wrong pH for the soil

4. Improper watering

5. Lack of proper fertilizing

.

I don't know where you live but you should consider connecting with your local Master Gardeners Program. They typically have training classes to help novice gardeners. You can do a web search for your county and see how to connect with them.