Mr. Bojangles asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Can anyone help in diagnosing this cat condition?

I recently found this 1-year old Persian cat abandoned on the streets around the time that COVID-19 started spreading. I've managed to get his weight up to normal(ish) and I've followed up with several vets to try and figure out what's wrong with his stomach, but none of them seem to know so far.

What we do know is that he used to have a bacterial infection (which we treated) and he has a very sensitive stomach that makes him very prone to diarrhea with any change in his diet (changes to qnty or type of food).

He's almost ok now, but he keeps straining whenever he starts purring. The straining is sometimes so strong that his whole body stiffens and starts shaking a bit. But this only happens after he starts purring (not the other way around).

I've compiled videos that show him going through this. I uploaded it to youtube in the hopes that anyone would watch/recognize this condition, but I don't think i've gotten any views so far. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Ew8iPqZHg

Youtube thumbnail

• keerok

X-ray results?                                                .

• Vets never asked for it. Under normal conditions, we would have gone for x-rays anyway just in case they turned out to be useful, but... COVID. Do you think X-rays are the answer to this?

pets are a waste of time