I need help from someone who knows about plants!!?

My daughter brought home a baby plant a couple years ago from a VBS that she went to. They just sent the plant with no info or name of the plant but I’ve somehow managed to keep it alive lol. I don’t know what it is or how to properly care for it. It’s grown quite far over the edge of the pot I put it in and I think it needs a bigger one but I want to do it the right way so I don’t kill it. 

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Begonia I have them in the U.K. the cold can kill them off and overwatering.

I would repot it in the Autumn when it stops flowering.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • nhij
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

You can also take trimmings from the plant and root them in water.  Transplant the cuttings to the garden or outdoor pots and enjoy them during the warm months.  The links provided by other respondents may have more specific instructions on the cutting and rooting process.  One thing I will say.  When you repot, it's important to use clean sanitized potting medium.  Don't use soil dug up from your back yard.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's a begonia.  They're one of those plants that are really easy to care for until they suddenly decide to commit suicide one day!  Whatever you've been doing it really likes it.  It looks very happy.  Here's a guide:

https://getbusygardening.com/begonia-plant-care/

• 1 month ago

It's a wax begonia--very easy to care for.  You can repot it in a larger container.  You can also plant it outside.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It looks like a pink begonia. See link on how to care for it. 

• 1 month ago

Here is a closer pic of the flowers

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.