Impetigo will not go away-over a month and a half.?

Could this not be impetigo? It has been coming and going, but mostly constant for near two months now on my lips. I have put mupirocin up my nose for 3 weeks and on my lips basically the whole time. I do not know what else to do but I feel like this is NOT normal. Its so frustrating and is taking a toll on my mental health. Will it ever go away? Is it a signal something is wrong with me? Please help. Thank you.

Your doc should get a culture of the bacteria to see if you are harboring MRSA in your nose and if its resistant to Mupirocin There is a MRSA strain that is resistant to Mupirocin.

Also, if you have a stuffy nose that causes you to breathe through your mouth, especially when you are sleeping, you are more likely to develop impetigo than a person that can breathe through their nose.  If this is an issue for you, treating nasal congestion may help. 

• Tavy

No picture. Have you seen your Doctor?

• Tavy

Go to your local Pharmacist. These people are trained and will know what it is you have.