Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Why don't people tend to start conversations with quiet people to get to know them?

I work for a company and always notice that quiet new hires never get talked to. No one ever makes an effort to talk to them and get them to open up. Everyone just sticks to talking to outgoing people and the quiet people never really get a chance to fit in because no one makes an effort to just say hi. It's like if you are quiet, you just get put in a box that no one ever cares about. I always make an effort to talk to the quiet people and I think they appreciate that

Well, good for you.  Some people are TOO quiet.  They might want conversation etc - but don't actually put themselves out to make conversations with other people.  They kid themselves that they are 'too shy' and make no effort and later on complain they have no friends.  Socialising is a two way street.  You happen to be a kind type of person who makes the effort that they aren't making for themselves.  

I guess it is just not easy to start a conversation with a stranger, and even more difficult with a quiet stranger