kaitlyn asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

Who can I report my boyfriend to?

My boyfriend is a very overly aggressive person. If he doesn't get his way, he will attempt to bully the person and talk down to them. He has called me out my name on many occasions and threw sauce packets in my face in front of his friends because I didn't grab it soon enough and he thought I wasn't taking him seriously(his words). 

Today, our neighbors cat was bothering his dad's dog while he was walking him. He told me he tried to shoo the cat, it wouldn't leave. He told me he picked up a shovel that was outside and hit the cat. I told him he shouldn't be psychically harming animals, and he told me the cat should've moved and that he told the neighbors to keep their cat out our yard. He also told me that he kicked his brother's puppy in the head for being bad and made his eyes roll to the back of it's head. I found out this information today.

I am super pissed and was wondering if anyone knows who I should report him to for abusing animals? Do I just call the cops? 

• Da

Give his address and name.

Someone will take care of him 

Yes, I'd say calling the cops is a good start. And then YOU need to GET THE HELL OUT of the house and as far away from him as you possibly CAN, while you STILL HAVE the TIME AND THE ABILITY to do it. DON'T WAIT. The reason I say this is because your boyfriend's next target is likely to be YOU (or your children, if you have any). MOST child and domestic abusers, and MANY serial killers start out by abusing and killing animals, Kaitlyn.

You also need to take some steps to keep your boyfriend from trying to chase after you, because HE WILL. Most abusers like this generally will not take the departure of their intended victim well. You can start by calling the local domestic violence hotline in your area and getting information about safe houses and battered women's shelters. If you're Catholic, contact your local parish and ask for help from the church. They can provide you with a safe place to stay and also with counseling and therapy, as needed.

You're going to need to change your name, your phone number, and your identity if you want to avoid becoming your boyfriend's victim. Then and only then will you be safe. You might consider moving out of state, too.

Report him to the cops.

• Ocimom

End this relationship NOW.  Before you become a victim of abuse.  He's abusing you now.  Unless he actually abuses the animal you can't call the cops.

• Orla

You have terrible taste in guys.  

Yes. Call the cops. Then dump him. If he does this, he will end up killing you.

Do you really want him? You call the police. Let them handle him. He has a borderline personality. He doesn't see it, so he's not going to change.

Not sure why you would still be with this toxic person.

Leave.

Report him to SPCA.

For starters, it would be the police.

Cruelty to animals is a punishable crime and he should be reported before he steps it up to do more damage and consider human assault as well