Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Are people different? Like is a mayan different from a German?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

yes, ofcourse. but at the same time, we are all one

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Absolutely different. Your German is a Caucasian while your Mayan is a Mongoloid.  Two different races.  In the most primitive earlier taxonomy the human race is made up of Caucasoids, Negroids, and Mongoloids.  It's unclear how the natives in India and Pakistan fit into this model.

But the concept of race is an evolving one and there really is no single entirely accepted taxonomy for race. [See source.]  And today we have about as many different taxonomies as we have different physical anthropologists.  Which is to say...lots.  

And the term race includes physical and behavioral characteristics.  So a race now includes way more than the color of the skin or the shape of the face.  It also includes the mores and ethics of each group of people.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.  Every person and every culture is exactly and precisely the same.  Good question, genius,

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I think you were being sarcastic, which is why I thumbs uped.

• 1 month ago

Like they always say: you have your beliefs and I have Mayan. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • KennyB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Fundamentally, no

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Physical anthropologists believe fundamentally yes.  That's why there is a taxonomy for race.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.