If you could live in any other city or country than your present, where would you move and why?

I spent over 13 years living in Mirandola, Italy and loved it there. I can highly recommend Italy - beautiful art, architecture, scenery and music, interesting local festivals, great people and food. Beaches, mountains, lakes, the ocean, historic sites, world class museums and galleries and a lot of varied things to see and do. The best part is the wonderful Italian people. It's very easy to get out and explore Italy and further in Europe using the trains or budget flights. At a high level, life isn't all that different; you still need to work to support yourself, shop, cook, clean house, etc. It's the details that are different. Life tends to be more relaxed. Rather than driving everywhere i tended to walk or bike places. Life was generally at a slower pace. There were frequently things going on in town and local events tended to have something for the entire family. You could stroll into town in the evening and see a concert, dance recital, play in local dialect or other event in the piazza two or three weeks a night in the summer. The local market was Saturday in the town where I lived and then would move on through other towns during the week. There was a local antiquaria (flea market) the 2nd Sunday of every month where the streets were filled with merchants and people browsing/socializing. I'd gladly go back.

• Rick

Constantinople, The Byzantines.

Palm Springs, California in the USA. Why? Because I'm tired of living in this dump... California just seems so perfect! Their weather is amazing year-round, things are cheaper there than where I live, there's better places to shop and dine out, way more stuff to do (there's literally NOTHING to do here besides take a walk in the park or catch a movie and walking in the park is completely subject to the season/weather; even if it's nice and warm, the wind might be too gusty), and much more sunshine! They don't call it the sunshine state for nothing :)

• Citizen Awesome

And yes, being from a place that used to get negative degrees for temps, its not truly cold in Dec/Jan being as I dont own any gloves or earmuffs. I dont really have a true winter coat, its just a thicker jacket. 

SCOTLAND...........

Source(s): I feel your pain...First, look at it like this...would a happy, well adjusted person react with such hostility?