Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 months ago

Do you know that feminists are very anti Christianity?

• Jan C

Your statement is absurd. Who are you to judge?

Wrong, most feminists I know are Christians and most Christians I know are feminists. Out of all the atheists I know (quite a few) exactly 0 of them have done anything to support women’s rights organizations. 

Atheists don’t have monopoly on feminism. Get over it.

Source(s): Lifelong Christian feminist

Well, they should be.  

1 Timothy 2:12 - "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

Not at all.  In fact, there are large numbers of very devout, feminist Christians.  I certainly met them in seminary, as students, and professors as well.  Even some of the courses I took were aimed at feminists.

• gillie

Do you know that conservative Christians are very anti feminist?

Yes they are.  Christianity teaches women should STFU and sunit themselves to their husbands, as if being single isn't an option.

• Juli

That's nice................

What I know is a primary tenet of feminism is standing against bigoted stereotyping like your stereotyping of feminists here. You do not get to define what feminists are. What I also know is Jesus Christ was a feminist who stood up against those who would harm and even murder women for doing what men were not harmed or murdered for (John 8).   

Everything is anti-Christian. Even the bible is anti-Christian.

I know, because female supremacy isn't able to tolerate scriptures such as:

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.