Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 months ago

Christians, do you think that all non-Christian faiths will go to hell?

37 Answers

Relevance
  • jimmy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Favourite answer

A man dies and goes to heaven. He sees multitudes of people, and is told that some are Jewish some Muslim some Hindu some Buddhist. He then sees a 50 foot wall and is told to speak quietly because the Christians are behind there and they think they are the only ones up here.

• 4 months ago

God loved us so much that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on Him, should not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world THROUGH HIM MIGHT BE SAVED (John 3: 16 & 17).  So we MUST BE SAVED THROUGH HIM, through Jesus Christ.  There is no other way, for Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father (John 14:6), and THERE IS SALVATION IN NO OTHER, for there is no other name under heaven, given amongst men, where we MUST BE SAVED (Acts 4:12)

• 4 months ago

A part of me thinks that we're all going to heaven, and that hell was used to scare us. But that can't be the case, because we would all take advantage of the whole thing. I think the only way a non-Christian would go to hell unless they hate God and would prefer to be in hell with Satan.

• 4 months ago

Nope.  In fact, everyone, past, present, and future, shall have a fair chance to learn the gospel of Christ (1 Peter 3:18-20; 4:6) and benefit from it (1 Cor. 15:29).  God's love, justice, and mercy are all intact.

Besides, Jesus Christ teaches that he shall reward us according to our works, not our beliefs.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Al
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

I believe God created everything to be perfect and unchanged....therefore, anything that is not perfect is not of God, but of something else you chose to believe....and that is where the illusion of hell exist, God would simply say, choose again..... there is no hell, God is not in opposition of himself.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The original and true Christian Church doesn't teach that any specific category of people will go to Hell, because we can't read God's mind, and neither can anyone else. He alone is the Judge, and His command to us is "Judge not, lest ye be judged". What we do know is that God loves every human being, and desires that each of us enjoy eternal happiness with Him in Heaven. Therefore He is going to give us every possible opportunity to be saved.  Yes, some human beings will go to Hell, but God alone knows who.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Read this and decide for yourself what you think I believe about hell.

The word "Christian" literally means "Christ-follower" and since "Christ" means "Messiah" or "Chosen One" or "Saviour" or "Deliverer" or "Rescuer", then to be a Christian is really to be someone who follows Jesus because He ALREADY saved them. 

Jesus said it himself in John 14:6, when he bluntly declared, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." 

So, on the one hand a Christian is someone who goes to church because they have a genuine relationship with Jesus as their Saviour and they want to be encouraged in their faith. But on the other hand, just going to church without a relationship with Christ won't make someone a true Christian anymore than walking in the woods makes you a tree, or standing in a parking lot makes you a car. 

It's not just a matter of where you go, but who you know that makes you a Christian, a Christ-follower.

Those who never heard the message of salvation will be judged based on what they DID know, and what they did in this life. 

To die without a savior is awful.

Don't let it happen to you.

• 4 months ago

Faiths do not end up in  hell.  People do (the invisible, spiritual part of them.) The basis for God's judgment is that all sin must be punished, but those who accept by faith that Jesus bore their punishment for their sins so that they could be freely pardoned, will not end up in hell. Christ came, died, and rose again to deliver repentant sinners from hell. God poured out His righteous judgment on sin upon the sinless Son of God, at Golgotha. God will not require punishment twice. But God will not force acceptance of the provision of grace upon anyone. Many will chose to reject either Christ, or what He achieved for them.

The Holy Spirit is in the business of drawing people to Christ, and His ways of doing that are myriad. We know hardly anything of the miracles of grace He bestows upon sincere people, who seek to find God. But once you have personally experienced His convicting work in your own life, you will know that if He deigned to save you, He can save anybody.

• 4 months ago

I think the issue is in trying to judge others rather than concentrating on one's own journey with God.  If God leads me to proselytise, maybe that would become relevant, but even that would probably consist in God helping me to live an exemplary life.

• GB
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

There are some Christians who think their own denomination of Christianity go to Heaven.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Read Gods word.....

John 14:6 KJV — Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

NO MAN

John 3:36 KJV — He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.