Is my ex interested in me again?

My ex girlfriend and i have recently reconnected after being broken up for about a year and a half. We’ve established that we’re friends but I’m not sure if that’s what’s going on. We’ve hung out twice in the past week (walk and ice cream) and now we’re planning on having dinner next week. I’ve initiated all plans and outside of making plans and seeing each other we don’t talk. Is she interested in having something again or is she really going on these dates with me as just a friend?

i think she's stopping because she's realizing it's a mistake

You need to be more specific. If she was the one who approached you out of nowhere then it is likely that she misses you either platonically or romantically. If you two happened to mutually reconnect then you are likely on the same page. There is no rush here, whatever this means, you two missed each other. That is something you can take for reassurance right now. Don't label anything too soon. 

Dude, you have to let her make all contact, but when she does you plan the next date because that's what she wants. That's it. Do not initiated contact because you have go at the woman's pace. Aside from that she was your girlfriend, what kind of retarded relatinoship did you have with her if you can't even bring this up, no wonder it didn't work the first time.