Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Please give me some advice on what I should do.?

My good friend Carol is a single mother with a teenage son John and a teenage daughter Nancy. Carol thought it would be good for her son to have a male influence in his life so she ask me to take John to sporting events as he really likes sports. I gladly did what she wanted. I took John to several games. We both enjoyed the games and John and I became good friends. Then something unexpected happen. Nancy ask me if she could go with us to the sporting events. I told her that would be OK if it was OK with her mother. Carol was OK with it so the 3 of us went to several games together. All 3 of us enjoyed the games. I also became good friends with Nancy.

At the last game both John and Nancy told me “You would make a great dad”. “Would you marry our mom”. I told them thanks for the complement but your mom would probably want to marry someone her age. She is a VERY BEAUTIFUL woman and could find many guys her age that would want to marry her. She is 12 years older than I am.

John and Nancy said “They would not be as good a dad as you would be”. “We would love to call you dad”.

I am not sure what I should do about this if anything. I don’t want to cause any problems for anyone.

Do you think Carol would be interested in dating some one 12 years younger than she was. She would sure make a trophy wife for any guy.

Please give me some advice on what I should do if anything.

Although there is more than a 10 year age gap, it sounds that you two could be compatible on the same maturity level, and like the same type things and share a combined liking for the kids. So it might be good to ask her.

• r

If your not in love, dont do it. It wont last. You should slow down on seeing the kids, break ties. you need to find someone you love

A trophy wife is usually younger and beautiful. She hardly qualifies as a trophy, and that's a good thing. Asking you to be a male role model to her kids is a great compliment to you as a man, and it means that she probably has a crush on you. Go for it.

• thesun

Let Carol make the first move

Well do you want to date Carol or not? Because if not then dont' ask another dumb question. Is Carol busy seeing another guy while you are at the sporting event?

• keerok

Do you like Carol? Do you like her enough to be your wife? You obviously like the kids already. I'm pretty sure Carol would find you easy to love, if ever. She may already be right now. So again it will go down to you. Do you like Carol?

BTW, single 12 year-older guys won't like Carol. They'd go for younger girls.

It's a difficult one. You are in an important position with the kids.