can I still file an unemployment claim if I'm unemployed Sunday to Wednesday but starting a job Thursday?  ?

- I ask because I get the feeling as soon as I check the box on the online claim form that I worked;  someone will be like :   "opps; sorry; you're now telling us you worked?  ok; now you get no more money from us;  have a good day; goodbye"

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Kaz
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There's a waiting period before benefits are paid and you would already be working, so no.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

There would be no point.  For the full week following when you apply, you won't be paid.  Benefits would start after that week, and you will be working at that time.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • 1 month ago

It won't say that as soon as you check the box.  Simply getting a job does not automatically end the money.  There will be more questions, such as how much money you made.  Depending on the answers to those questions, you might still get a partial benefit for the week.

• 1 month ago

That's not the way it works you report the money that you make. You still receive the unemployment for the weeks that you did not work and if you don't make the amount of money that you're eligible to make if you were getting unemployment you'll still get unemployment report truthfully because at the end of the year they're going to find out if you lied

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You might still get something for the partial week.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yes you can do it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.