Does God sometimes put out a foot to trip us up & expose our iniquity?

No, as has already been quoted from the Bible, God does not try or tempt people with evil.  Here is another point from the context that God is not that cruel:

James 1:13-15

13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. 14 But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death.

So if we think that we can sin a little, knowing that it is wrong, and then reason that we are not killing or stealing someone else's money, if we excuse ourselves, that desire can become fertile, and the little sin gets bigger, then that big sin can cause one to lose God's favor and lead to death.

A better choice for us is to ask God through Jesus to help us to avoid that little sin, and then back up that prayer by taking steps to get away from situations that might feed that desire to commit it.  

Eve was an example of this, she thought on the lie that Satan told her, and she did not leave right away, believing what her husband and her God, who never lied to her, said.

But instead, she developed a desire to take what was forbidden to her, to the point where she began to believe the lie that she heard, and her sin led to death, along with her husband, who was not deceived by the lie, but as the scripture reported, he "listened to his wife's voice".Genesis 3:17

"Also, Adam was not deceived, but the woman was thoroughly deceived and became a transgressor. "  1 Timothy 2:14

And so is this warning for us: 

Galatians 6:7, 8

7 Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a person is sowing, this he will also reap; 8 because the one sowing with a view to his flesh will reap corruption from his flesh, but the one sowing with a view to the spirit will reap everlasting life from the spirit.

Source(s): New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition)

No, but he sometimes tries to get our attention and wake us up.

• Al

The foot that trips us is our own two feet.......God is perfect Love and is unchanged, I think God is allowing us to experience self awareness in a world of illusion where we believe the illusion more than our self identity with God, the Ego mind belongs to the body and is the source of fear and separation by way of emotions that belong to the body....your spirit isn't your body, Jesus stressed that!

Absolutely not! God gives us loving instructions and tells us the benefit as well as the consequences. If we don't follow his wise directives and there are adverse consequences its not him tripping us up. Unlike most human parents when God gives us instructions he tells us the why not just the do what I say or else but he tells us why he is giving us those directives.

• Random facts: Trump comes from french "tromper" which means a mistake in english, that refers to his birth.

James 1:13,14 says:

When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. 14 But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire.

Also Ecclesiastes 9:11 says: because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.”

After considering the scriptures I have to say, No, We cause most problems ourselves, but sometimes things just happen, Maybe we are in the wrong place.

Source(s): Free online Bible, and free Bible course. www.jw.org
    • 'They're rapists ... some, I assume, are good people' Trump

He's more the guy who ties your shoelaces together. 

• Paul

He doesn't have to. There are constantly obstacles that try to trip us up and cause us to sin. What God does is reach out His hand to us, to guide us around such obstacles.

Hold on, let me check:

Ok, I'm back. NO! He doesn't!! Isn't that GREAT? A non-existent supernatural superbeing doesn't actually do ANYTHING AT ALL!. So if your iniquity is exposed, that's because YOU exposed it all by yourself! AMAZING!!

• Yes. But thankfully Satan is there to help you. 

No gods exist.  Hope that helps.

• 'I have thousands of Hispanics that work for me' Trump