Huffman asked in PetsBirds · 1 month ago

How do I get a bird's nest removed from my newspaper box?

Every summer a bird always nests in my newspaper box. It always is the same breed of bird. It's blue and white and when it flies it looks almost like a bat (No its not a actual bat) and it's always very aggressive. Every time I go outside to get the mail it will fly out of our newspaper box and then make swooping dives at my head. It will also do the same with any passerby who walks by my mailbox. Many children live in my area and I have seen the bird do the same attack with children. This has been a persisting problem for a few years now. I usually wait a month or so for the bird to leave but with this being a problem every year I'm wanting to solve the problem this time and prevent it from happening again next year. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

• 1 week ago

If the bird already has eggs in the box or chicks, just get your mail held for you at the Post Office,, when the bird/ birds have gone, remove nesting material, then either remove and replace with a different type of Letter Box, or block off the entrance and have a top opening one instead.

Put up a newspaper box with a door on it. You still read newspapers?

maybe attach a rubber snake to your box

You need to remove any mesting materials daily.

If it doesn't get a chance to make a nest suitable for laying eggs, it will move on to a better location.

By allowing it to nest it will keep returning and then protect the nest.

maybe you can ask animal control to help you with it