Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Christians, are you willing to accept the smallest, tiniest inkling of a possibility...?

that you may have been duped into believing something that may not be true?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Nope.  I've had too many experiences with God for that to be a possibility.

Every year millions experience God for themselves.  You should, too.  It's the logical and intelligent thing to do.  Don't bother moving the goalposts.  It's more evidence than you have to shore up your fantasy that there is no God.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • User
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"Duped"...no. That implies INTENTIONAL deception.

"Mistakenly taught..." yes.

I mean: I've been taught lots and lots of wrong things since childhood.

I've discovered a lot of them are wrong because I earned a degree in physics from a reputable university.

People still are taught most of those things, things like

- the Earth orbits the Sun (see: Kepler and/or Einstein for the truth)

- lightning is caused by friction between clouds (relatively recently debunked)

etc.

• 1 month ago

Yes. But I repented of that nonsense. I no longer believe the religion of evolutionism that was pushed on me in high school. 

• Jea
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They can't.

To consider that, they would learn they were duped.

They already know it is not true, but peer pressure, and fear of violence keeps them lined up paying for their protection.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Not a "possibility"; I was duped.  At one time, I too thought the earth was 4.5 billion years old.

• Dave D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The exact same may be asked of ANY group.  Democrats, Republicans, Christians, Hindus, Muslims, atheists, etc., etc., etc., etc.

One can be "duped" into believing something based on knee-jerk reasoning and superficial or false logic, or simply being fooled.  Depth of reasoning coupled with personal experiences guides one towards the truth.  In my case I have analysed, thought about, read about, have had numerous personal experiences, which have all convinced me of the truth of Christianity.  So while the word "believe" does leave room for doubt, that has been replaced by surety on my part.  

As Francis Bacon, the "Father of the Modern Scientific Method" said: "A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion. "

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

they dont have the ability to perform that level of reflection.

• No... because we know The Truth............

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You mean like evolution? Nope, I didn’t fall for that.

• Donald
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

my life has been guided for the last 25 years.

prove me wrong. 

dare you to.

you know so little about life

because you focus on the other side of the road.

why post as anonymous? (scared)?

• ...Show all comments
    • Donald
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

what hate? show me one post with HATE for anyone. i hate immorality and lies. something you know much of.
      your views here stem from your own hatred. do not try and place this upon me. this is your mirror. enjoy it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.