Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Will this be save to use in my driveway?

Theres a small oil spill that's getting washed away but the rain, and running down into the gravel. My well is near by, and I'm afraid it will contaminate it. Will this stuff be okay, or could it also poison my well?

your well will be fine.  there are tens of feet of land to filter this small amount of oil before it could get down to the water level in the well.  and lots of microbes in that ground to eat the oil

• Droopy

That will not do anything thats a paint remover.

Get some cat litter or oil spill clean up which is basically cat litter an spread over it the spot. Let it set a day or two.  Then clean it up it will absorb most of the oil. As far as well goes unless your dumping gallons of oil over an over again odds are your good.  If its from a oil leak from a car an you well isn't like 20 25' deep I wouldn't worry to much about it. Mainly look into fixing the leak where it comes from.  Or get a oil drip pan you can keep under car to catch any leaking oil.

• Tavy

Detergent, hot water and brush down. Much safer.