Rose asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 2 months ago

Is drowning covered by life insurance? How much money would my parents get if I just got life insurance yesterday?

Drowning myself would look accidental, right? 24 yr olds can drown so 🤔 just curious...if I just get life insurance and drown then would I get money?

Whatever I guess my parents can sell all my art and have my leftover work/business if I die 😑& pay for stuff that way. Just asking guys! Gosh! If I do this it’s my choice & insurance can pay 

How much money would I get you think if I die in 2 years then? What’s the difference? I would be 26 yrs old omg so many more miserable days I’d have to live myself 

Accidental death insurance generally covers loss of life resulting from accidents involving cars, bikes, work-related machinery, falls, suffocation, choking,

drowning

, and fires.

• car253

within 2 years you get nothing.   

• John

yes drowning is covered by insurance but somehow youll need to produce a body to fool the insurance compay so they pay.

according to news broadcasts the liner scam has already been done so agents will be looking for it.

if you specifically want to scam using sucide i suggest jumping without parachite?

perhaps were carnivores are like bear or big cats?

that way your "parents" could claim they ate your body.

ive never considered sucide scams to collect insurance profitable. too difficult and expensive to run. you always have to produce body or youve simply "disappeared" then the law is always looking.

you might try accounting errors instead.

No.  You would not get anything.

Yes, drowning is covered.  No, it wouldn't look accidentally.  And, anyway, the mere fact that you posted this question online means that it won't work.  Your Internet history showing that you were considering drowning intentionally for the life insurance money will be a pretty strong clue that your drowning wasn't an accident.

If you get life insurance, and die, YOU don't get anything. Your beneficiaries do. 

If you drown or otherwise die within a year or two of taking out the policy, the insurance company will investigate. They may or may NOT pay off on the claim, depending on what they find. An accident is usually paid at twice the payout of a natural death. BUT--the policy has to be in force--and vested. That means you have to wait after taking out a life insurance policy for a certain amount of time before a claim can be paid. That time limit varies with each company. And it always depends on the size of the policy you buy as to how much money your beneficiaries get when you die. If you buy a $5000 policy, that's what they will get, if the company pays. If there is a double-indemnity clause (2X for an accidental death) then they would get $10000. Just a tip though--drowning is not a pleasant way to die. It's painful. Of course--you obviously want to commit this fraud, so perhaps that's not unjust. 

• Eva

You won't get any money because you're DEAD!  All life insurance policies have at least a 2 yr suicide clause. There would be certain to be an investigation since the 2 events took place so close together.

Derp, how much insurance did you buy ? 

"How much money would my parents get if I just got life insurance yesterday"

HTF would we know?  How much life insurance did you buy?      

I swear I wonder how some people are able to put on their own pants.  

P.S.   What device did you use to type your question?     You think an insurance company is just going to write a check without any sort of investigation?  

>>>When you buy life insurance, you’re purchasing financial protection for a beneficiary. In the event of your death, your beneficiary will receive a payout, called a death benefit, from the life insurance company. The death benefit should be high enough to pay for the expenses you left behind that the beneficiary will be responsible for.

But say you die shortly after taking out the policy. Your beneficiary should still be eligible to receive the death benefit, but there’s a small risk that life insurance company may review your application and decide to deny the death benefit or reduce the amount. The interval during which the insurance company may review your policy usually lasts two years after the day the policy goes into force, and it’s called the contestability period.<<<<On the small policy that I have, my beneficiary would have only received the premiums that I paid had I died with in the first 2 years of the policy.