Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 2 months ago

is marijuana as bad for teens as it is portrayed to be?

if a teen were to smoke responsibly, in privacy, and only smoke occasionally, would it be terribly harmful to the developing brain?

• edward

Interesting thought but it’s similar to when i ask a patient if they’ve used meth and they say “yeah but not in days” it does permanent damage sweetheart.  

I believe marijuana serves as a distraction. I’m not sure how it  affects the brain, but I know getting high at 16 made me less inclined to doing homework. I used to get high and waste time. I liked the feeling and at that age I didn’t have the self control to limit myself to special occasions. I procrastinated, and was irresponsible in relation to my homework and other curricular activities. I don’t think teenagers should smoke. 

as a 16 year old I have only done it 2 times I don't wanna get f'ed up lol I just do it on special occasions