accidently swallowed fence nail please help?
should I go to hospital or will it pass on it's own (it was about 1.5 inches long)
- 1 month ago
Clearly a troll! If you had really swallowed a nail you would've gone straight to the hospital, not came on here asking what you should do! Anyone with a functional brain would think to go to the hospital if they swallowed something inedible!
- Anonymous1 month ago
Which end went in first?
- 2 months ago
Surprisingly, most kids who swallow nails, pins and even razor blades will pass them naturally through their system. Still, parents should seek medical attention as soon as they suspect a swallowing because sharp objects can puncture children's esophagus, stomach or intestines.
- ron hLv 72 months ago
6 days later... Are you still alive? What did you do?
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- EdnaLv 72 months ago
See a doctor, so that the doctor can remove the fence nail. It HAS to come out! If left alone, it will not pass on its own and it could perforate your intestines.
- Anonymous2 months ago
It will end up perforating your digestive track somewhere along the line and it will likely kill you without medical intervention. You do need to go to the hospital ED/ER asap.
- YYYZZ 2Lv 72 months ago
Depends on how sharp the nail is. Have it checked out. An x-ray will tell the doctors quickly.
- David SLv 72 months ago
That's a sharp object that could cause you internal harm. I'd do a little research first, but probably end up going to the emergency room.
- OnlookerLv 72 months ago
Go to the hospital! It's likely to get stuck somewhere in your intestines and could do serious harm.
- Mr. CoronaLv 62 months ago
If I were you I would go to a hospital. Most likely you’ll pass it, but what if you don’t? There’s certainly a risk there.