Would you pay $65 to get a 2 minute video chat with a celebrity?

I just came across this opportunity and I want to know if it's a scam or worth it. The celebrity is someone I'm a big fan of, but it feels odd to pay 70 bucks just to have a 2 minute chat with someone. Your input?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Heck no, I can think of lots of better ways to spend my money. 

• Judy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No. . . . . .         

• 1 month ago

No I don’t think so.... that seems a bit a ridiculous when you could just communicate with them on social media... granted it’s not talking to them face to face but you’re still sharing your thoughts with them and them with you.

• 1 month ago

That is one of the saddest, most pathetic things I've ever heard of

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

IIE mean NO at Japan. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Clair, unlike the other replies, I'm a fangirl type from way back. I've followed the doings of "my" celebrity since the mid-1990s, with occasional additional celebrities I'm very interested in for a while.

But two things make this a hard no for me, even if the celebrity is my guy. One, how greedy and money-grubbing does he have to be, to charge fans to interact with him? Even if he's giving it to a charity, that's gross and elitist, only letting the fans with $65 to blow have access. (I feel the same way about paying for autographs or selfies.)

Two, what do I have to say, or would he have to say to me, that could be completed in a two-minute interaction that's worth having said?

I would happily buy my guy an expensive dinner, including wine, for an hour of his company. That's enough time for an actual conversation.

• 1 month ago

No, I really don't care about celebrities.  I would never pay just to see them on camera, plus I am not a big fan of a lot of these celebrities today.  Yah there are some good ones but the young pop singers however, I would never.  I am just a kid myself, however I couldn't care any less about pop culture today. 

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, my mom was a celebrity,  had her own TV show, so I am not awed by celebrities 

• 1 month ago

2 minutes is pretty short. Unless it was for charity no I wouldn’t 

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No way would I waste $65 to do that.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.