Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 month ago

Do you think my counselor will let me not attend my graduation ceremony?

I'm extremely shy. I don't want to be wearing a cap and gown and have my name called out, in front of 500+ people. I just want my diploma and that's it. I don't care about the ceremony. Just give me my diploma and I'm out.

Totally! Just talk to your counselor about it. If they say you need to be a part of the ceremony then have your parents talk to them... or say you can't make it and take a nap.

But your parents are so proud of you, they want the best for you, they love you dearly.

You are everything to them, you are their life.

Respect them, I beg you.

• drip

No one gets their actual diploma at the graduation ceremony.  It is mailed out to student during the summer. Or at some schools you pick it up at the school office.

Your counselor doesn’t need to give you permission not to attend.

Your diploma is only the fancy paper, the real degree is on your transcripts. In some places its not even the fancy paper which is printed later; so there is no need to "walk" to actually get the "degree". they can mail you the fancy diploma.