Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

If the south splits up into their own country again, would they fare well?

My co-worker believes that is what should happen. He thinks that the southern states would prosper.

44 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I think everything would be about the same. Most to the poorest most troubled states like West Virginia and Illinois would be Union. The Northern States have little to no industrial advantage over the southern states. Deciding where the new states and territories go (assuming they don't go their own separate ways) would be note worthy factor.

• 1 month ago

They would only fare well if the North gave them a Farewell Gift.

• 1 month ago

Maybe but that’s such a hypothetical question and out of reality

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There wouldn't be enough land down there for all the people that be trying to reside there, they would really prosper.  Look at what these stupid protesters are doing to our country & our government does NOTHING to stop them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

WITH THE CONSERVATIVES HAVING A BIG ADVANTAGE OVER THE LIBERALS WHY WOULD THEY ALLOW THE THIS COUNTRY TO BE SPLIT.  THEY COULD CRUSH THE LIBERALS IN A YEAR OR TWO AND THEN THE CONSERVATIVE WOULD BE IN COMPLETE CONTROL.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The rest of the country may well do better.  The blue states would not have to send so much federal funding to those Confederate states.

• 1 month ago

It wouldn't happen. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I doubt it. Right wing politics facilitate widening the gaps in class distinction by pandering to the elite, eroding union strength, opposing an increase in minimum wage etc. 7 of 10 poorest states are red.

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

These a a few questions I would consider. Are agriculture, petroleum, tourism enough to sustain an economy?  What would happen if NASA and its secondary industries left The South?  Then there is manufacturing.  How much does the US military contribute to the local economies?  Could The South manage without any federal help in emergencies such as hurricanes? 

While the Trumpsters may believe The South would do quite well the reality is the opposite.  

• Izit
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Division was my best math class.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.