Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 month ago

Why do companies find it necessary to post the whole history of their company in job ads?

I don't care if you were founded in 1823 or if you started in a tiny village and are now a conglomerate. Makes no difference on whether I'll apply or not.

I do it because I am proud of my company. Most people with money are born into it, meaning they did nothing to get rich. Most of today's money is inherited. 

I want people to know it is something I did myself. Also I think it shows that a company is on the up and up and honest when they are willing to show the world their history. 

I also am older , I think people who are older and have been around longer appreciate life and accomplishments much more when they have more days behind them, than they do ahead of them.

Finally , thanks for the info that you do not care. I am going to find a way to word that so it is asked on an application , and anyone who doesn't care will not be working for me.  Because I can tell you for sure NO company today is hurting for applicants , when I have a position open no way could i ever possibly even interview each person . It is a heck of a job just figuring out which ones I am willing to give an interview to. So NO company is worried about you applying or not , in fact you should feel lucky if you even get a phone call back.  

They do this to build trust. If they've been around for that long  means they've been doing well for a long time. It's an achievement for them and valuable information for you what you're getting into.

Why does it bother you so much. If you don't care, then skip over it.

• Erik

I agree.  Back when I used to look at job ads, it was crazy how much they tried to build their  company up.

so that people know what theyre about

Why the hell does it bother you so much?  Go to work for a startup that might run out of money next week.