Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 month ago

Why do companies find it necessary to post the whole history of their company in job ads?

I don't care if you were founded in 1823 or if you started in a tiny village and are now a conglomerate. Makes no difference on whether I'll apply or not.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I do it because I am proud of my company. Most people with money are born into it, meaning they did nothing to get rich. Most of today's money is inherited. 

I want people to know it is something I did myself. Also I think it shows that a company is on the up and up and honest when they are willing to show the world their history. 

I also am older , I think people who are older and have been around longer appreciate life and accomplishments much more when they have more days behind them, than they do ahead of them.

Finally , thanks for the info that you do not care. I am going to find a way to word that so it is asked on an application , and anyone who doesn't care will not be working for me.  Because I can tell you for sure NO company today is hurting for applicants , when I have a position open no way could i ever possibly even interview each person . It is a heck of a job just figuring out which ones I am willing to give an interview to. So NO company is worried about you applying or not , in fact you should feel lucky if you even get a phone call back.  

• 1 month ago

They do this to build trust. If they've been around for that long  means they've been doing well for a long time. It's an achievement for them and valuable information for you what you're getting into.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why does it bother you so much. If you don't care, then skip over it.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I agree.  Back when I used to look at job ads, it was crazy how much they tried to build their  company up.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

so that people know what theyre about

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why the hell does it bother you so much?  Go to work for a startup that might run out of money next week.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.