Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How come people claim that I'm an obsessive stalker for liking this singer?

So I'm deeply in love with this one singer that I like and I want to ask her out. Many people claim that I'm a creep and that I'm stalking her. I know her personally as I've met her in person about 3 to 4 times already. How come people claim that I'm an obsessive stalker ? What is so wrong about having a crush on her or liking her ??

There's nothing wrong with being in love with her or "obsessed" with her, that's perfectly fine love who you want to love. I think the problem is that you say that you know her personally because you've met her a few times. I think you might be blurring the line between fan and singer, which is a line that should be respected. It's okay that you want to know her and love her, but you have to make sure that you respect her at the same time

• Naguru

Please don't believe rumors or lose-talk by unknown people. Strictly listen to the good words of advice from your parents, elders and the psychiatrist doctor.

• J

The fact that you have only met her 3-4 times and you claim to be deeply in love is a big red flag. I don’t know what context you met her in or how long you spent together, but love comes from getting to know and understand a person. You refer to her as “this singer” and not a friend or acquaintance. That leads me to believe that you really don’t know her and have only met her in the context of singer/fan. You probably know nothing about her personality or her life. Shaking a few hands and signing some autographs doesn’t imply a relationship of any kind. Would she even know your name if she ran into you at the grocery store? It seems like you’re imagining a relationship that doesn’t exist. When multiple people tell you that you’re a stalker, they’re probably right. 

Because meeting her in person 3 to 4 times does not equal knowing her personally.  I've met Ozzy Osbourne a bunch of times, but he has no idea who I am nor is he waiting for me to be his new best friend.

• kelvin

if you send her e-mails over and over again and she doesn't respond that is stalking and if it's the woman singer i think it is you used too ask that question daily and it made you a stalker troll

its ok if u like her but does she like you? U can ask her out but don;t be dissppointed if she says no

• Chanel

We cannot help who we take a shine to or why that particular person but the question is do they feel the same way.

I knew a guy who stalked a woman on tv and he ended up getting sectioned. Even so when he was released he told me he was still hooked on her.

But we cannot have what we want in this life.

That depends. Where's you head at?

• LAN

Because you are to stupid to see the facts.  Grow up.

Liking her is fine.

Having a crush is fine.

Claiming to be in love after a few brief meetings is creepy and a sign of an obsessive stalker.