Can i use SD cards if i have low disk storage? (computer)?

• 1 week ago

No, go with USB harddrives.

Use them as storage devices to move rarely-used stuff off the hard drive.  Then erase the files from the hard drive.

Fortunately, the computer has a microSD Card slot which I can use to ... If the File System of your SD Card is NTFS, then you can jump to Step 3. ... Right Click again on your SD Card Drive then click Format… ... And I'll tell you why, I have been trying to fix this problem of low disk space for almost a year now.

storage and retrieval on them owuld be slow.  better to spend a few bucks on an external HDD

• keerok

Instead of SD cards, why not portable USB hard drives? They're faster, last longer, more durable, and reliable. BTW, if your computer's hard disk is almost full, and you're using windows, chances are, your computer is running very slow already. You will need to free up space on the internal hard drive and that external USB drive will be very handy for that.

sure -- they act the same as you hard drive.