how do you get rid of bed bugs completely?

my grandma recently got bedbugs at her new house which keep going after her and she tried getting a new bed but they came back even after cleaning the whole

house

she needs to call pest control so they can do a heat treatment, ive had them in my building and had to get my place heat treated and sprayed 5 times, had to get rid of my bed and then went to sleep on the couch, they followed me there a couple of months later so i had to get rid of my couch, i got an airbed after that, they dont have mattresses for bugs to live in, i saw them for a day or two, killed them and then never saw them again, its been two yrs, still use an air bed

Fire is the only thing those little bastards understand.

• Bort

Replacing furniture and linens is one thing the people that did it did right but it seems the mistake they made was not using a spray agent that killed them all. You also need to spray or have a professional exterminator come in. Cleaning with regular household cleaners doesn't get rid of all of them and their eggs which is what needs to be done and how you do that is with a spray that you can get at almost any store including walmart and spray absolutely everything then clean absolutely everything again after spraying. 

Things like sheets and other bed linens can be cleared of them by washing them in hot water (as hot as possible) and then drying them in a dryer on the hottest setting for an excessive amount of time but it's best to just throw them all out (after washing them of course) and get a new bed and linens / bedding. 

Don't forget to spray the washer and dryer with the "kill them" spray and clean them thoroughly too.