Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

What are the chances of complications from getting your wisdom teeth removed?

How likely is it that they rip your nasal cavities out?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Just be careful afterwards when eating, you don't want to pop out the clot and get dry socket. I had that and wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

• 1 month ago

Funny you ask this question, in my experience, the dentist actually punctured a hole that ran from my sinus to my mouth. I first realized this when i was drinking water after the removal and it came out of my nose. So I am living proof that this can happen. They had to stuff sh*t inside my sinuses and sew it back together. Hurt like hell. Good luck!

• 1 month ago

They might remove your wisdom!

• 1 month ago

The chances of a complication is very low. As long as you don't go to a dental training school to get them taken out there's almost a 100% chance you'll be fine. The only common complications related to having your wisdom teeth taken out stems from taking care of it afterwards so just make sure to follow your after care instructions and you'll be fine.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Really ?? I worked for a U.K. Dentist, these are just molars with a fancy name. They come out as normal.

The roots of teeth go nowhere near your nasal cavities, wisdom teeth are at the back of the jaw .

• 1 month ago

Very low and zero.  

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

While any surgery, even minor has risks and you can read about all of the things that can go wrong, but for the most part most people who have wisdom teeth removed go through a few days of discomfort and are back to normal in a week.  It hurts and there is danger of infection, but you'll get pain killers, antibiotics and instructions about how to get through the days after the operation.  Few people go through the worst possibilities and most just have a bit of pain for a few days.  

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Pretty much non existent.  rip your nasal cavities out?!?!?!!?  Really????

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.