Akshitha asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Wisdom teeth?

Im 27 and 2 of my wisdom teeth grew in and I'm waiting for the other 2. Is this normal?

Can you keep them without removing them?

Thanks for any answers.

The problem comes in when you do not have enough room/jaw space for them to fully erupt all the way or they are impacted. if they are partially erupted, you will not be able keep the area clean and may develop gum problems in that area, like bleeding, swollen tissue and even decay. If your Dentist suggest extractions, you can find a Surgeon who does sedation, you will not feel a thing. Just be sure to follow the post op instructions.

I'm 73 and my 2 bottom.ones are still laying in my jawline. Never bothered me a bit.

• Tavy

Of course, mine came out in my 40s. I'm in the UK, we keep them here unless they cause problems. American Dentists take them out for money.

• kelvin

of course it is and the only reason people have them removed is if they cause them pain and problems