Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

My co2 alarm was going off and I called the fire department and they said there’s no co2 in my house...should I get a new co2 alarm?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes.  When there is a dangerous level, your alarm should come on rather than off. It's probably detective and should be replaced.

• 1 month ago

You don't have a carbon dioxide detector. If you breathe, you have CO2. If you carbon monoxide detector is triggering, but the fire department isn't detecting CO, it is time to get rid of that detector.

• 1 month ago

why have you got a CO2 alarm ????

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If it was just beeping then that is telling you that the battery backup  has gone too weak and needs to be replaced with a NEW BATTERY.

It is a CO detector.  It measures car exhaust in the house and when it goes OFF, you will BROWN YOUR SHORTS.  It wails like a banshee or a crying baby at 3 in the morning.  If you have a natural gas furnace or natural gas water tank(or Propane) or same for cooking stove then that is why you have that thing.

If you buy a new one, the battery is extra.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • roger
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is always CO2 in your house. It is not dangerous. CO2 detectors are hard to find. You need a CO detector- carbon monoxide. That is dangerous.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No - don't do anything, just get used to the sound - DUH.

• 1 month ago

If it were a co2 alarm then it would always go off. We breathe out co2 and it is always present in the atmosphere.

What you do mean is co, Carbon Monoxide, which is deadly in sufficient quantities.

Replace your alarm.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Replace the CO alarm.

• 1 month ago

it mightve been going off cause you need to change your batteries

• 1 month ago

1. CO (carbon monoxide), not CO2 (carbon dioxide).

2. Yes, carbon monoxide detectors only have a lifespan of about 5 to 7 years.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.