I received a stimulus check, but why didn't my husband receive a stimulus check?

My husband and I receive social security and don't file taxes.  I received a stimulus check, but my husband didn't.  I got mine in April and it was direct deposit.  My husband keeps looking and checking his account and still nothing.  We called the IRS and they said they are still distributing the checks and had no information.  The strangest thing about it, I constantly go on the website and click Get My Payment and it keeps saying:  The information does not match our records.  We both get our mail at a Post Office, direct deposit, and don't file. On the IRS webiste I entered the Post office box number and the physical address and it still say this information does not match our records.  My husband doesn't owe anybody, but he does have a son named after him. We think they may have gotten them mixed up.  He doesn't have a relationship with his son and haven't contacted him for a long time.  How can we find out if someone filed him on their taxes?  Are we entering the information on the website correctly?  Please help.

The only way to know if he was claimed on taxes is to file his own return, he can file a zero income return claiming himself.  If it is accepted, no one else claimed him. If it is rejected, they will tell you why.

• Eva

Use the non-filer app on the IRS website.  It's the first button on the right. If the return is accepted, no one has filed him on their taxes. 

• A

You will need to speak to someone at the IRS,  a long wait on the phone I am sure but only they can determine if a payment was sent.