is this a defective pregnancy test?? if you have experience ,please help me?

i am VERY young and i was taken advantage of/raped ...so i took an ept pregnancy test last night, and it was negative.. i took another one first thing this morning and at first it was completely blank, and seemed like nothing was going to show up, and now it has a faint and crooked line... and even the side where it’s suppose to have the line there’s a faint line... is this a bad pregnancy test?? help?! i need answers asap..i’m terrified 

• helene

If the test were positive, BOTH of the lines would be straight and distinct. So that test is not positive. It looks like a dye run.

If the test window got wet, that also can invalidate the test.

I realize you're young, but there's no point in doing anything "in a panic." That'll just scare you more. Wait until you're reasonably calm, aware of procedures, and have five minutes to test and wait for results.

• Jill

Read the instructions on the pregnancy test. It will tell you how long your particular test is valid. Whatever appears after that time is due to evaporation and should just be ignored. 

I hope you will report your rape to police - if only to reduce the chance that your attacker will do that to someone else.