Danny asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

so my scales are saying I'm losing 2 pounds every 2 days I use the electronic ones?

I've been dieting and I've checked 3 times everytime I have weighed my myself and they say the same will this be true how come I'm losing so quick? 

• .

You aren't losing 2 lbs of fat per day, but it could be water weight loss (especially if you are extremely overweight and/or are severely calorie restricting). 

Weight ONE time a day, and make it the same time daily. Easiest is to do it when you first get up in the morning, after you use the toilet. Doing it naked ensures the weight of any clothes/shoes doesn't alter the results (esp since you may not wear the same thing to bed or when you get up, daily). No need to weigh again later in the day, as it will give you no useful info. When you eat/drink, the actual weight of what you consume is added to your body weight until that food/drink is processed and the waste eliminated. If you workout and sweat a lot, your weight may drop temporarily until you are properly rehydrated. 

.

Without knowing ANYTHING about you or what you are doing in order to lose weight, we can only guess at the reason for your extreme weight drop - water weight loss is the most likely. Also make sure your scales are on a hard/flat/level surface when you use them. Not carpet or flooring that is not level.