is their such thing as a 0 mileage car?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Impossible it at least had to roll off the assembly line, and get pushed off the trailer.

• 1 month ago

Absolutely. They are cars that are still on the assembly line.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In the olden days (1960s and 70s for me), I saw brand new cars in dealership parking lots that had 00000.2 or 00000.3 miles on the odometer.  Many times.  But that was then. 

I haven't looked at a new car at a dealership in the last decade.

• 1 month ago

My 2010 Corolla, built in Fremont, Ca and delivered to Walnut Creek, Ca showed all ZEROES on its odometer when I bought it. There could have been some movement prior to that, but it would have had to be 1/10 mile or more to show on the odometer. Since we ordered it through the internet sales manager at Walnut Creek Toyota, there's a chance it was trucked straight from the NUMMI plant to the dealer. They sure as hell didn't drive it 40-50 miles from the factory.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Sure..take the wheels off and you will get zero MPG.

• 1 month ago

Not unless it's been fiddled with. At the minimum from brand new it has to be driven off the production line and to the parking area, then on board a transporter and off it again at the other end, as well as sometimes between dealerships. This often referred to as "delivery mileage".

• 1 month ago

I don't believe "Donnie."  At the end of the assembly line, someone has to drive the vehicle, to test run it, and get it to the holding area.

• 1 month ago

Yes. When a brand new car straight out of the factory arrives at the car dealership. 

The first car I bought had 0 miles. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.