Edwena
Edwena asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 months ago

Should liberal democrats hate ALL people, countries, nations, civilizations of the past? They all had slaves.?

The question is why do liberal democrats single out the Confederate States and hate the present day people living in the South over an issue of slavery of the past? And why isn't this thinking extended to all people of the past, civilizations, nations, etc. The truth is that everyone has slave blood in themselves from some distant past. Your ancestor rowed a Greek ship or dug a Russian coal mine or had his head bounced down a Mayan pyramid to entertain the crowd. Didn't they tell you that in school, or you never read world history and figured it out. Why do you think they could get two armies to line up and charge each other. One side was going to lose and be the slaves, and the winners got the women. Especially, the American Indian tribal wars. So, the question is why do liberal democrats have such a narrow focus on who they think is the bad person. Surely you could hate the Germans and Japanese as well. May be the British, Canadians.

That is already moistly true in that liberals Hate Anyone that would dare disagree with their diatribe. 

• James

Nope, if we hated everyone, that would make us Republicans.

• Jeff S

BS! Hating is a far right-wing conservative thing! They hate anyone opposing them or the false narratives they create!

Like pro-life people perpetuating the lie if you aren't one of them you're pro-abortion! That was their rallying cry for decades! That's until they got called out for that lie! John Kerry was the first democrat to do it! The pro-life crowd started saying he was pro-abortion during the 2004 campaign! He said that he's a Catholic so he didn't believe in abortion. However as an American he was pro-choice which meant he believed women should have a choice about it! 

I will try to address your run-on question which is not based on truth. I was born and raised in the South. I don't hate any race, creed or origin of a person. We are all people. I don't like our current government since it is destructive, ignorant and divisive (and probably how you make up that question). I don't like governments who interfere in our elections, like Russia's government or China's. Both with an invite from trump. I don't dislike Russian or Chinese people. Republicans attacked anyone who looked Chinese when this virus hit even though it was the fool trump who didn't do a thing about it until too late. He just blamed others for his failure. I'm educated and know my past. I have poor Irish indentured slaves in  my ancestry. I know my ancestors didn't own slaves. Educate yourself. Most people didn't have slaves. The plantation owners did. So did the North for a long time. Southerners as a whole looked down on black people. So did Northerners. I am glad the South lost that war. Your comment about sides getting slaves or women (esp. that one) is founded on what? I have American Indian blood too. Quite a bit. I know what happened to native Americans and it was appalling. It still is. Just like it is with black people. My dislikes are a result of knowing what is happening. Trump and the Republican Party have done untold damage to this country. Most Americans know this. Why don't you? Why assume we hate other nationalities? That is trump you are thinking of with his $$$$hole country remark and how he hangs out with white supremacists and makes excuses for them. He is a racist to the core. Maybe you should be asking about that instead. However, no Trump supporter will agree. They are puppets of the puppet.

The Confederate states formed the Confederacy and went to war over slavery so waving their flag around has pretty obvious overtones of racism today.

No, it's progressive to pick and choose what has to go

This is yahoo answers not yahoo whine and b*tch.