Is it morally ethical to abuse verbally?

I have been married for past 7 years, My husband is well educated, working man, but he is alcoholic.. like he takes 4-5 drinks daily.. nd sometimes becomes aggressive when in anger.. he abused me verbally many times and it has become a norm whenever I go against his wish. 

But now it has been a limit. I could not take it this time and abused him back verbally but now am feeling so bad that am a well-educated lady and I am going to that level. 

please suggest to me what shall I do. 

PS: I am an Indian, I used to work earlier, quit my job after my daughter is born. now she is 5 and I am a house maker since her birth. 

7 Answers

  • 3 months ago
    Favourite answer

    Sometimes it helps to give it back to show them what it feel likes when they do it to you.

  • 3 months ago

    Your husband needs to sober up. He needs help.

  • RP
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    Unless he recognizes his alcohol problem and tries to do something about it, things will probably get worse. One that is already occurring is dragging you down to his level, but there are many other adverse consequences that you can anticipate not the least of which is physical violence.

  • 3 months ago

    Don't go against his wish.  More men should get their women in line and quit putting up with their spoiled nonsense.  Further you are not qualified to diagnose him as an alcoholic.  I love this "alcoholic" tactic by women to automatically turn opinion towards her favor and demonize the man while she passes out drunk on the floor at least 5 times a month or more?  If you were a good wife and pleased him you wouldn't have these problems.  "Woman up"

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jesere
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    Abuse of any kind is wrong......he will only get worse. I would leave him......

  • Leto
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

    Abuse of any kind is never ever acceptable.  As you say there may be reasons why someone under the influence would do so, but that's a huge red flag that they need help.  

    You can either try and work with them to get help and improve.  Holding them accountable for working to get better and follow their treatment.  Or you can leave and get away from their abuse.  Either way you must decide what's best not only for you but for your child.  They are learning their behavior and what's acceptable from them.  If you try and stay, there need to be healthy boundaries and lines that are not crossed in order to help them and more importantly tell you that all hope has been lost.

    You may need to leave for a time in order for them to realize how important this is to you.  If you stay, patience and perseverance will be greatly needed.  It won't be easy for you or for them.  Get some professional help, both for him and for yourself. 

  • 3 months ago

    Check out alanon meetings in your area where you can learn to detach with love and accept your situation or move on with the support of members 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.