Americans: How do you feel about Canada and the EU opening their borders to everyone EXCEPT Americans?

Due to "mass incomptence by the government and its people to properly handle the crisis"

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Our pandemic is still going strong and Americans should not be leaving America.  Canadians and Europeans should not be leaving their country.

Until this pandemic passes through our nations we need to isolate in our own country.  We have one of the most competent governments that we've had in a very long time.  President Trump has handled this pandemic better than the democrats, because they didn't want our border closed to China and China is where the virus originated.  President Trump made a very unpopular decision and closed our border to China.

Freedom allows the people many liberties in America which Chinese do not have since they are communists.  Our government, because of our rights in the Constitution, cannot force us to do what is right.  They can only give guidelines 1. Wear a mask  2. Wash your hands  3. Self isolate 6 ft from others and 4. cleanse hard surfaces regularly.  Intelligent Americans obey the guidelines but those filled with hate don't care and they'll spread the virus just to get back because they feel entitled to things that they didn't work for.  One of the most important rules to remember is if you work you will eat and if you don't work you will not eat.  Oh, you can mooch off others and rob and steal, but we have laws against the robbing and stealing.

• 1 month ago

It is literally just to spite Trump even though Europe brought the virus to us. The reason why we have more numbers is because we are better at tracking the virus. The actual virus has probably infected hundreds of millions around the world.

• 1 month ago

Good deal. And hopefully, they and others won't come to the USA either. What a great day this is. 

P.S. It is all those Black Lives Matter riots and looting that has really spread the virus like crazy, and our government ignoring the riots.

• 1 month ago

I can't blame them. We have 4% of the world's population but 25% of the COVID-19 cases (and 25% of the deaths). As for the government's incompetence, you only have to look at the data: after six months, we've had the three worst days EVER in terms of new COVID-19 cases, including 50K yesterday, the first time we've reached that number.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Wisdom, my friend, wisdom

• BB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No problem here.  Having visited parts of both Europe and Canada in the past, I was sorely disappointed with both.  My vacations have been spent primarily in Mexico.  Great people, excellent food and fantastic beaches!

• John W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't blame them at all. It's the right thing to do. They have leadership and people who will do what is best for everyone. We don't.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Extremely sensible.  If these nations have any sense, after the pandemic has passed, they will keep their borders sealed to Trump supporters, Republicans and right-wingers to prevent them from spreading the Trumpsters/GOP's racist ideology based on hate worldwide.

• Thorn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

it's further proof of how Trump is destroying America

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.