Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Did I do the right thing to dump my boyfriend?

My boyfriend called me up just before we were to go on a date and told me the date is off unless I “Put Out”.

I put him out of my life and got a new boyfriend. Is my old boyfriend justified in being mad a me?

He's not justified in being mad at you. He's just mad because he didn't get what he wanted he thought that would scare you into giving it up and that didn't work so he's mad about it. Don't feel bad about it though you definitely did the right thing.

• rick

Got to wonder? How long have you been dating. What do you do to keep him interested in you? How much money, time, and emotional effort has he expended with no measurable return? Chances are if you had just said OK, you would still be in a mutually satisfactory relationship. Now he's mad at you, you are mad at him, neither one of you is enjoying any sex, and your prospects for the future are not good with your new  reputation as a tease. Kinda stupid to say "no", wasn't it?

• Helen

That really depends on the context and his character. You knew him best. If you'd only been together a week, and he was being entirely serious, then that would be a major red flag and you definitely made the right call. If you'd been together 5 years, were comfortable with each other, and he was just making a joke, then suffice to say you overreacted.

• Dave

He wants a FWB.  You were 100% right.

• funny

You are a mud horse, it’s his fault to ride you !

Internet high-5 girl!!! You rock!!! The best thing you could have possibly done for yourself is to send that piece of garbage to the curb. No one on this planet has the right to demand you 'put out' for their benefit. If he is pssed off~~ GOOD!! I hope he is gagging on it. You go live your absolute best life and the next time you see him~ LAUGH at him. His total loss.

• Jesere

You did the right thing by getting out, he doesn't care about you......so what if he is angry......

You did the right thing. He sounds like a complete tool. At no time ever do you owe him sex nor should you ever be expected to "put out".