What will happen to people who do fraud?

Tons of people are arguing on Facebook about the 10k grant for business owners. Many people are fraudulently applying for the grant and recieving 10k and they dont have a business or employees. Some people say people lie on taxes and do fraudulent things all the time and never go to jail. But wont they eventually want proof alof a businesss and proof that you have employees. Is it that easy to get away with it?

• John

I looked a few days ago because I am eligible if I wanted to do it. It's not as simple as saying, "I have a business, give me the money". There are hoops to jump through and it's only a "grant" under certain very specific circumstances.

And I have found that "tons of people" go to FB just to argue about things they know nothing about.

They will be caught eventually, and go to prison.

1)  If you are approached on Facebook about a "grant", it is a scam.

2)  If you apply for some of the government's relief programs for businesses and you do not actually have a business, you may go to jail.

There have already been charges filed against individuals:

https://www.crn.com/news/channel-programs/ppp-frau...

Tried and jailed .......................