Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Serious help please. ?

The guy I'm talking to is a minister and so he gets a lot of people messaging and calling him. He says, sometimes he goes M.I.A and turn off his phone so he can recharge for a day or two. I get and understand that, but I can't help take it personal, though. Is it wrong of me to want him to make an exception for me?

What do you want him to do, change his career for you? 

If you get and understand what he does, all you have to do now is determine whether you accept it or not. 

It doesn’t sound like you do. If that’s the case, what you have is a dealbreaker. Say goodbye to your minister. Find someone whose life is more compatible with yours.

This isn't serious.  Feelings happen so in a sense no feeling is "wrong" because you can't help it BUT it is completely unreasonable of you to be an exception precisely because everyone wants to be that exception.  Do you really want to be the straw that breaks the camel's back?  What if you're the one who breaks the minister and causes him to commit suicide?

• Helen

It isn't wrong; it's just how you feel.

It seems unlikely he would make an exception for you if you are only in the early stages of dating. It isn't personal, so keep your cool and don't push him away.