Boy
Boy asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

The downspout fell down after spraying it with the pressure washer, how can I reassemble it back up?

I got my 3000psi 2.3 Gpm pressure washer and started spraying the white areas of my house to get the dirt and grime and moss off.

I sprayed the gutter and went on to spray the downspout which caused it to fall off the gutter and rolled onto the driveway.

How can I reassemble it back onto the gutter? 

Hold the downspout in place and drill a new hole on either side. Then attach using a couple of #6 self-tapping sheet metal screws onto the gutter drop. 

• Da

There should be a fitting inside the gutter. It sits in the hole and protrudes downward. He downspout fits over this fitting and usually is secured by a screw. The downspout is usually secured to the house with brackets that are fastened to the back of the downspout and then fastened to the house. At the bottom of the downspout, it should either go into a pipe in the ground or have an elbow to direct the water away from the foundation.

put it back then pop rivet it to the gutter and clip it to the wll 

The top part of the downspout is attached with a couple of screws.  and the bottom part fits into the drain at the bottom or hangs just above a drain extender or splash diverter. .  Along the wall it is held in place with a couple of aluminum straps, with screws that attach to the wall.  

I've done this work before, it's not that difficult once you know what you're doing.  You'll need replacement screws, maybe an aluminum strap and screws to attach it.  You'll need a drill driver with the right tip (phillips is usually standard) and a sturdy. ladder.  

Fit everything together with a firm push, maybe adjusting the thin metal with a pair of pliers where it has bent so that it will slip over any fittings such as in the gutter.  Holes for the screws that are missing should line up and give you an idea of what is needed.  Once held in place, it's a simple matter to attach the screw with the drill driver. 

Insert the female downspout over the male gutter. Use brackets (home depot has them) to screw it to your house and hold it in place.  

If that seems less than easy to you, then find a handyman who can help.

• gerald

Its only pushed in you need a ladder get a professional to do it as you dont sound very safe to advise for your sake not mine