Kush asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Now that people are calling for redskins to change their name, will they do it or no?

Team owner Dan Snyder has been under more pressure in recent weeks to change the name, given the national focus on human rights and social justice after the death of George Floyd in Minnesota.

On Thursday, FedEx, which has naming rights to the team's stadium under a $205 million deal that runs until 2025, requested the team change its name. Sponsors Nike and PepsiCo also reportedly are under pressure to sever ties with the team unless it changes its name, Adweek has reported.

Frederick Smith, the chairman, CEO and president of FedEx Corp., also owns a minority stake in the Redskins.

On Thursday night, Nike appeared to remove all Redskins gear from its online store. The other 31 NFL teams were listed, and a search for "Redskins'' came up with no results.

"We have been talking to the NFL and sharing our concerns regarding the name of the Washington team," Nike said in a statement Friday. "We are pleased to see the team taking a first step towards change."

PepsiCo, a sponsor since 2017, expressed a similar sentiment and said, "We believe it is time for a change.'' Sponsor Bank of America said it has "encouraged the team to change the name'' and welcomed the organization's review.

>>*,*<<

I'm sure they really will even though true-blóód 

Naťive Indian's sadly only make-up lėśs thåń hålf 

0.1% of the overall general population but whåť

ev's, yo !

,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., ..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

How about Seagulls? or Thrust?

I am sure they will .................probably Washington Warriors. .....seems to be getting the most buzz. 

I would change it to the Washington Slave Owners.  That would show 'em.

It's becoming a financial issue for Snyder now. I think he will change it.

• Kathy

I think that they will change it.

Change it to the Washington Assassins. Historically accurate.

The liberal cult gets their feelings hurt easily.