Can I take out my nose piercing? ?

I just got my nose pierced yesterday, but I don’t really like it. Can I take it out and will it leave a scar? Also while it’s out, do I still have to clean the area?

• Laura

The sooner you take it out the better. 

Yes, you will need to clean the wound with sea salt soaks.  The good news is that it should close up pretty much right away, so just take out the jewelry and do a sea salt soak and it should close up as you are cleaning it.  If it doesn't give it a day and it should close.  If it doesn't close after a day, clean it with sea salt soaks until it does. 

It might leave a mark, it might not.  If it does leave a mark, it might not be permanent.  We don't know how your skin reacts to things like this, so you might have a scar, you might not.  Give your body the time it needs to heal and it should heal without a scar.  It takes time to heal though, so be patient and consider using things like bio oil or maderma for scars. 

• kelvin

yes you can and no you won't