When will people give credit when credit is due?

Because I read the classics such as 1984, Moby Dlck and the brother karamazov. And people on here seem to think it's not that big of a deal, those books are long and deserve credit upon completion.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

If you are reading for acclamation, rather than pleasure or growth (or school), you're doing it wrong.

• 3 months ago

Reading a book can be a big deal ....to someone who cannot read. It is a good thing (but nothing deserving of credit , credit for what?) for people who can read and shameless and ignorant for someone who can read but does not. And 1984 was a short book by my standards.

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It isn't a big deal. Plus, many people find your claims to be difficult to believe. You don't know how to capitalise, you aren't aware that when using italics isn't an option that the titles of books ought to go between inverted commas, and you don't seem to be familiar with "The Brothers Karamazov" to know that there were three brothers, not just one. Reading is something that everybody ought to do. Completing three novels isn't an impressive feat by any measure. 

• D1218
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Pretty much, yeah. Go for it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Okay, you chose to do something you enjoy.

Sorry i'm not that impressed... although i do commend you on your titles.  

Undoubtedly being well read is its own reward in several ways  :)

• 3 months ago

Honesty idk but what I do know is that Moby **** is a VERY good book writer in fact his books are so good I don't even have a favorite..... YET!! I will soon enough but for now not YET! I'm being to dramatic lol🤣

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Who cares? Why would you want a credit from a stranger about a book you have read? You are reading books for the wrong reasons.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.