Emma asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Can I fill a different benzo from a different dr,at a different pharmacy...?

Hi, After I picked up my benzo at store of the W,used my Medicaid. I got a different doctor from the ER who thinks I'll do better on this until I see my Dr again next month. He wrote me a different benzo, can I go to a other pharmacy and pay with cash?

No.  My husband owns a pharmacy.  Your initial purchase is entered into a computer to keep people from "prescription shopping," i.e., multiple prescriptions for the same medication.

When a Pharmacist fills the second prescription, your name would "hit."  In MY State the Pharmacist then notifies both Physicians, and the two of them decide what happens next.

That may raise a bunch of red flags.  Everything that gets filled at the pharmacy (whether its a small store or chain store) gets entered into a national database (which is reviewed by the FDA).  So no matter where you go to fill the script, it will get logged in.  The trouble with benzos (and opiates) is that it triggers a warning to the pharmacist to carefully review your history...at that point he or she may not fill the second benzo if its only been days between filing.  It also depends on the pharmacy, pharmacists discretion and the plan that you have.  

All controlled substances are tracked now. Whether you can get more is unknown