how to I write a complaint about an unfair home claims adjuster for citizens property insurance. Also who do I send it to.?

5 Answers

  • 3 weeks ago

    Ah, Citizens Property, the state FAIR plan?  You'll have to write to your state insurance commissioner, and just tell them what the complaint is.   What your policy says, what the adjuster said, and why what the adjuster said is wrong. You'll likely have to read your policy to do that.   Your agent should be willing to help you with it, although if your complaint is that, for example, you are underinsured and got hit with a coinsurance penalty, you won't win that complaint. 

  • car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You don't pay if the claims adjuster works for the insurance company OR did you hire them ?      Either way, you file a complaint with the Department of Insurance in your state.    You might want to post your state for more help. 

  • 1 month ago

    Just escalate it if need be.  I just argued with a claims adjuster and ended up with 3 times what they're were pushing for.  

  • 1 month ago

    It would only be unfair if the claims adjuster was an imposter.  You have cause to complain.  If the adjuster made an honest mistake, call them and tell them, although they probably won't change anything now because it would mean another trip to your place to check it out again.

    Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago


    Your policy dictates what is covered.  They either processed your claim according to your policy or they didn't.  If they didn't, you file an appeal with your insurance company. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.