Do you get phone calls from scammers pretending to be someone they aren't?

I get them every day and they drive me insane.It's easy to see a scam call because the number appears on my keypad as a spoofed number so I immediately know it's a scammer trying his luck.I pick up the phone and answer it as police,and suddenly the phone goes dead.The other thing I now have is a horn attached to my phone so that when they call I place the receiver inside the horn and set it off....I would love to see the reaction on the scammer's face....it must be quite a shock !!!

• hart

don't hangup" keep the line active the scammer have to pay for time the line is open!

yes.........................................

When I got rid of my landline (years ago) I got rid of most scam callers.

I get the occasional one to my cellphone about my 'car warranty' or 'credit card' that are obviously b.s. - but a lot of them get screened out by my phone as 'potential spam' - and I can spot some because they will try to spoof the first three numbers of my phone number.  I rarely answer my phone unless it's a number I recognize - if it's important enough, they'll leave a message.

The greatest scam call I ever got was one claiming to be 'The IRS'.  I was pretty sure it was nonsense, but when I got back to my office, I pulled up the IRS website and sure enough, right there are their main page it says 'we will not contact you by phone'.

DUHH!! of course.  I get them almost every day.

freaking always ....

I did until I bought a white-lister for my phone.   I have only a few people I want to hear from so I entered their numbers to the list and now only calls from those numbers will ring my phone.  The other calls go right to voice mail so I can run an eye down the VM list and pick which messages I'd like to return.  The rest of the calls I dump.  Kind of extreme but it works for me and no more junk calls.

I seldom answer the 'phone.  It's why I have an answering machine.  Leave a message: maybe I'll call back.  That seems to considerably cut down on nonsense such as you describe.

used to get lots of indians  saying my computer has a virus etc etc .....

but rarely now days as they know  we are on to them haha 

i say im gonna ring the cops 

• Scott

We disabled our landline several years ago. So we don’t get those kinds of calls.