Black screen after graphics card driver update?

Ok, so I just upgraded my CPU, motherboard, PSU, and RAM. I left the graphics card the same as I couldn't get hold of the graphics card I wanted due to the current pandemic. This graphics card works in another machine. After doing a fresh install of both Windows and Linux the screen will go black after a driver update, have tried multiple driver versions as well as DDU. Any help on this matter will be much appreciated.

Computer specs:

MSI GTX 980TI OC Edition

MSI X570-A Pro Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3600Mhz

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

Corsair RM1000X PSU

just roll back the driver to the

previous one

• Adrian

The 980Ti required both PCIe video power connectors (one 6 pin, one 8 pin), I'd check those first. A loose plug will cause the video card to starve for power.

While you are in the box, check the seating in the PCI-Express slot. Make sure you are in the slot closest to the CPU (primary slot)

• David

Reset the motherboard BIOS by removing the covers and temporarily jumpering the BIOS reset pins and then do a BIOS update if possible.

• L.N.

Try using the monitor from the other machine to test it. Possibly the monitor is telling the card it supports a video mode that it really can't.