Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Are you getting sick of the media overhyping the coronavirus?

My brother is a physician and has told me the coronavirus isn't all that serious. If you do get it, the chances if you dying are slim to none. It's only the elderly and those with health issues that have a higher chance of dying.

I think the media is using this opportunity to make Trump look bad.

If Biden does get elected, I wouldn't be surprised if the coronavirus all of a sudden isn't an issue anymore.

• It's serious, but serious to a certain degree. It's also overhyped more for political purposes. If this were not an election year it'd likely be nothing more than a ticker headline. 

But by not having a national strategy and pretending it doesn't exist, Trump has allowed it to do more damage than it could have done. 

35,000 people at United Airlines will be fired this fall. 1.2 million just filed for another round of unemployment. Trump can no longer hide behind a great economy. He will forever be known as the moron who sat around worrying about his approval ratings while 120,000 Americans died. 

• e9601:

Your brothers not much of a Dr. to make such a stupid comment. The virus is REAL and people are dying from it.

You admit that the elderly and people with health issues dying, which is definitely something worth getting overhyped over. If Trump handled the pandemic incredibly well and competently it wouldn't surprise me if Republicans were to preach it was the worst illness ever, and probably insist that it was a sign of the return of Christ and dinosaurs while they were at it.

Indeed! It's so tiring to read the same fake news again and again

I'm sure that reporting on millions of deaths from a global plague is not being "overhyped". Plus it's a nice show of your shitty character to belittle the dying elderly and long term ill. 

Source(s): being a compassionate caring human

Oh, the coronavirus will most likely disappear in November. 

• Ann

I am. They're trying to scare us to keep us in chaos to make Trump look bad like you say. It's rather pathetic that they hate him so much.

How do you explain the approach taken in the rest of the world?  We have different leaders and are taking it seriously.  And I know plenty of people who got really sick with it in their thirties.

I saw Two Chinese guys fighting over an egg roll, was it okay to lol?

Today I witnessed two Eastern Asian adult males physically engaging each other over a deep fried appetizer. I chuckled at the whole ordeal. Was I wrong to do so?

yes, thats right. So you and all your red people go gather in a large crowd and celebrate with a big cake with everybody BLOWING the candles